Sunday 24 April 2016

Twenty Five Bookish Facts About Me.



One: Before I buy a book, I check out its rating on Goodreads first. If a book has a score over 4.0 I will probably buy it.

Two: I want to start a Book club or join one but I don’t like the pressure of having to read specifically something.

Three: I prefer paperbacks over hardbacks. Hardbacks look nicer on the bookshelf but paperbacks are easier to carry around and are more comfortable to read.

Four: I have never listened to an audio book.

Five: Believe it or not, I don't have a favorite genre. I like Contemporary Romance, Politics, Biographies, African fiction. I cannot decide which one.

Six: Talking about books on Twitter or basically any other social site is easy. But real life book talk? My brain turns to mush.

Seven: I read the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy three times. Christian Grey, hello?

Eight: I never snack or drink while reading a book. Keeping my books in good condition is important to me. Which brings me to my next point.

Nine: I won't lend my books to just anyone. Not if I can help it.

Ten: I don't go to the library. I should support my local library and my bank balance would thank me immensely, but I’m not big fan of borrowing books for some reason.

Eleven: I am obsessed with Book photography, I find it therapeutic to just look at pictures of  bookshelves and books.

Twelve: I am morning reader. The silence, hello? I am usually awake by 5am reading a book.

Thirteen: I take book recommendations seriously. If you recommend a book to me, I will definitely check it out.

Fourteen: I prefer original book covers. I will never buy a book with a movie cover.

Fifteen: We all read for different reasons - reading for me is all about gaining perspective. I love to be taken away by books and encounter people and places I perhaps otherwise wouldn't in my day to day life

Sixteen: Book snobs are a pet peeve of mine..

Seventeen: Animal Farm, Lord of the Flies and Othello are the three books that have influenced the way I see people.

Eighteen:The more I love a book, the harder is it for me to watch the movie adaptation.

Nineteen: Too much description is a turn off for me. Maybe that's why I don't read Science Fiction

Twenty: I would prefer it if people don't lend me their books. I am a mood-reader, I read what I want, when I want to. I would hate to keep someone's book for a year. So please, I know you love your book and you think everyone should read it but please don't lend it to me.

Twenty one: I cannot remember the last time I didn't have anything to read.

Twenty two: I didn't cry when I read the Fault in Our Stars but I sobbed uncontrollably after I read Me Before You.

Twenty three:  I will never read Mills and Moons or any of those cheap, tacky Romance Books. 

Twenty four: I get the worst book hangovers. That feeling of sadness after you finish reading a book and leave a world that you were completely consumed by.

Twenty five: Lastly, I am guilty of judging books by their covers.


Do you have any interesting Bookish Facts about yourself? Please share them in the comment section. I like stuff like that. 

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these bookish bits about you, they made for an interesting read :-)
    Having been originally trained as a librarian, I have no problem with borrowing or lending books - but admittedly, books are huge carriers of dirt and bacteria from one person to the next, so I understand if someone prefers not to go to the library.
    No audio books for me, either :-)
    Some years ago, I wrote a brief blog post about reading. If you're interested, it is here.

    Belated Happy Birthday wishes from me!! I wasn't "fully there" in blogland over the last week, with my "Big Switch" going on, but I was aware of your big day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops - I got blogs and people muddled up here, sorry! It wasn't your 25th birthday last week, right?

      Delete
    2. Aha! Bacteria,that must be the reason. I'm headed to your blog right after this! Birthday? LOL! Oh no, I think you have mistaken me for someone else, maybe Seun from unashamedbeauty.com.

      But thank you for being thoughtful!

      Delete
  2. I too love books but haven't thought about my bookish facts. You made me think.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should post your own, would like to read them!

      Thank you Marie!

      Delete
  3. blessings..
    hmmmmmmm interesting.
    you can start a book club and have a collective to vote on interesting books and the discussion can also include why some members hated the, sometimes disinterest can be as important as interest.
    I have read me before you as well as me after you the sequel, good reads.
    never read fifty shades nor am i interested in reading it.
    I have done the audio books a time or two, don't like it.

    have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Sometimes disinterest can be as important as interest.'

      Powerful!!

      I don't think I am gonna read After You, I fear that it might mess up the first book for me. Silly, I know.

      Fifty Shades is not for everyone and that's also fine. :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome. For a lot of these, I was literally just like, yes! Me too!
    You should totally read gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell, if you've not done so already. It's one of the good ones, a friend recommended it to me, and It was totally worth it.

    bimpeshappyplace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gone with the Wind? I know it's a classic but I haven't read it. I'll check it out!

      Delete
  5. you are quite the book reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy - informative list ... you don't mention Kindle reading - but I guess you don't do that either. I really must settle and read books - I have loads ... but they sit and look at me and I them ... I do read a few - but spend a lot of time checking ideas out ... well done on this list - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You judge a book by its cover?! Haha. That's kinda funny.

    I started listening to audio books this year. It's not as boring as I thought it'd be. I'm currently reading (not listening to) The Greatest Miracle in the World by Og Mandino. I recommend it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really love reading! That's so awesome. It was nice knowing all these book facts about you. "Lord of the Flies" is a book that really made an impact on me too when I read it years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.